We would love to host your resources and ideas, so they can be more accessible to the wider community of faith leaders, educators, and friends of the Jesus movement. Please contact the website administrator, the Rev. Kammy Young, at 904-556-1634 or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can upload the resources you have been developing, adapting, and experimenting with to be a part of extending God’s mission for effectively increasing our capacity for transformational lay leadership and mission in the 21st century.
Click here to view the interactive virtual gathering of seminarians and other leaders in theological education with spokespersons from six Episcopal seminaries to share stories that contribute to future collaboration around key learnings, best practices, and common commitments for curriculum development and incorporation of community organizing in missional leadership formation. This webinar took place at The School of Theology, Sewanee, TN on Thursday, November 16, 2017 from 4:30 – 6:00 PM EST.
Hosted by the Rev. Kammy Young and facilitated by the Rev. Stephanie Spellers, Canon to the Presiding Bishop for Evangelism, Reconciliation and Stewardship of Creation, featuring:
- The Rev. Dr. Cathy George (Berkley Divinity School at Yale Associate Dean and Director of Formation)
- The Rev. Suzann Holding (Bexley Seabury Lecturer in Practical Theology)
- Dr. Caroline McCall (Director of Field Education and Lecturer in Congregational Studies at Church Divinity School of the Pacific)
- The Rev. Emily Wachner (General Theological Seminary Director of Integrative Programs)
- The Rev. Dr. David Gortner (Associate Dean of Church and Community Engagement and Professor of Evangelism and Congregational Leadership at Virginia Theological Seminary)
- Dr. Andy Thompson (Visiting Assistant Professor of Theological Ethics and Director of the Non-Degree Theological Studies Program at The School of Theology at the University of the South)
- The Rev. Dr. Kelly Brown Douglas (Dean of Episcopal Divinity School at Union Theological Seminary) – was scheduled but unable to attend
- Others: Dr. Courtney Cowart (Society to Increase Ministry), The Rev. Matthew Olver (Nashotah House), The Rev. Sarah Knoll Sweeney (Seminary of the Southwest)
For more information about the work of this Conant Grant project of The Episcopal Church, click here to view the grant application awarded to the University of the South, School of Theology, Sewanee, TN.